The Westport Arts Council is excited to announce an innovative project that will showcase your artistic talents. We are inviting you to be one of six artists to design, and paint a Muskoka chair. Finished chairs will be on display at 6 businesses in the village for an eight week period this summer. This project is meant to showcase your work as well as draw our summer visitors to your talent. It is also a special way for the Arts Council to celebrate Canada 150 this summer!
- Artists will be chosen on a “first come- first served” basis.
- On May 1, selected artists will pick up an unassembled Muskoka chair kit and urethane sealant at Herlehy Home Building Centre
- Artists will paint their design on the chair, assemble and seal it. Artists can google: “one of a kind hand painted Muskoka chairs” for ideas
- Each artist will be asked to incorporate a Canadian symbol or emblem of their choice into their work as a way to make the projects unique for Canada 150.
- Each artist will provide a laminated biography and contact information submitted with their chair for display
- Chairs will be “unveiled” and the artists introduced at the Westport Heritage Festival on June 24.
- Chairs will then be “adopted” by six different businesses from June 24 to August 19
- Tickets will be sold for $5.00 each on the chairs and the draws will be made at MUSICWestport. Proceeds will go to the Westport Arts Council.
The Westport Arts Council hopes you will be excited about the prospects of having your art on display in the village throughout the summer months.
To participate in the project please contact: Mary Anne Bishop 273 8699