Westport Arts Council announces with profound disappointment and after much consideration and discussion the cancellation of The Christmas Market this Friday November 27th due to ongoing concerns with the Covid-19 surging numbers and our village residents.We plan on coming back next year! See you in 2021!
Start the Christmas season in Westport with the Annual WAC Christmas Outdoor Market. With curated one-of-a-kind artisan vendors including jewellery, linen, baked goods, pottery, woodwork, maple products, clothing, house decor, glass, mosaics, fresh greenery and floral, paper goods, soaps, and more!
Friday, 27 November 2019
2-6 PM Christmas Market, Downtown Westport
One-Of-A-Kind Artisan Vendors
Social Distancing, Masks Advised
Start the Christmas season in Westport with the Annual WAC Christmas Market. With curated one-of-a-kind artisan vendors including jewellery, linen, baked goods, maple products, clothing, house decor, glass, mosaics, paper goods, soaps, and more! With carolling, wagon rides, food, drinks, and the lighting of the Village Christmas tree at Town Hall, your heart will grow two sizes from cheerful Christmas spirit.
Friday, 22 November 2019
4-8 PM Christmas Market, Church Street, Downtown Westport
Carolling, Wagon Rides, Food & Drinks
5 PM Christmas Tree lighting at Town Hall
The Call for Artists is now closed.
Thanks to everyone who contacted us. We will shout out next year once again!
WAC is proud to bring back Art on the Street for a third summer. Six chosen artists are given a blank Muskoka chair as their canvas to design and paint any way they choose. The theme for 2019 is “The Beauty of Westport”.
Finished chairs are displayed at businesses throughout the village during the summer and eventually raffled off in August at MUSICwestport. Raffle tickets can be bought throughout the summer and proceeds go towards local art events.
- Artists will be chosen on a “first come- first served” basis.
- On May 1, selected artists will pick up an unassembled Muskoka chair kit and urethane sealant at Herlehy Home Building Centre
- Artists will paint their design on the chair, assemble and seal it. Artists can google: “one of a kind hand painted Muskoka chairs” for ideas
- Each artist will provide a laminated biography and contact information submitted with their chair for display
- Chairs will be “unveiled” and the artists introduced at the Westport Heritage Festival on 2 June 2018.
- Chairs will then be “adopted” by six different businesses from 2 June to August 18
- Tickets will be sold for $5.00 each on the chairs and the draws will be made at MUSICWestport. Proceeds will go to the Westport Arts Council.
The Westport Arts Council hopes you will be excited about the prospects of having your art on display in the village throughout the summer months.
To participate in the project as an ARTIST or HOST BUSINESS, please contact Mary Anne Bishop:
613 273 8699