Our SKOC members have been working hard to bring you a performance you will love this spring. Please enjoy, share, and comment.
WAC is proud to announce the winners of the 2020 Photo Contest. The captured beauty of Westport never fails to inspire our photographers! Congratulations to our winners and a big thank you to all who entered.
1st Place – “LOON” by Suzanne ROBINS
2nd Place – “Bedford Mills” by Julie DIER
3rd Place – “Rainbows” by Suzanne ROBINS
Some Kind of Choir is proud to present “At Home For Christmas,” a virtual choir concert. With plenty of surprise local guests, join us on YouTube for a fun musical evening in your living room.
6 December 2020
7PM on YouTube
Link TBA here and on all social media platforms.
Jeff Friesen, Jamie Burt, Rachel Hate & Ann Savage, Faith Hutton & Rebecca Worden, Deanne & Lexi Lyons, Cordon Purcell & Lisa / Val Cyr, David Renaud and Kathy Doornekamp.
*** If you would like to donate to the WESTPORT FOOD BANK in honour of our concert you can etransfer to
Choir directed by Cordon Purcell. Production by Summit Sound.
Westport Arts Council announces with profound disappointment and after much consideration and discussion the cancellation of The Christmas Market this Friday November 27th due to ongoing concerns with the Covid-19 surging numbers and our village residents.We plan on coming back next year! See you in 2021!
Start the Christmas season in Westport with the Annual WAC Christmas Outdoor Market. With curated one-of-a-kind artisan vendors including jewellery, linen, baked goods, pottery, woodwork, maple products, clothing, house decor, glass, mosaics, fresh greenery and floral, paper goods, soaps, and more!
Friday, 27 November 2019
2-6 PM Christmas Market, Downtown Westport
One-Of-A-Kind Artisan Vendors
Social Distancing, Masks Advised
Art on the Street is proud to be back and online! For 2020, we invited six artists to “Dream Big in a Westport Garden.”
Each uniquely painted chair will be up for auction on our Facebook page throughout the summer. From 6 July to 16 August, one chair will be revealed per week and bidding will be open Friday to Sunday. To bid, simply Click on the LIVE AUCTION photo post that will be pinned to the top of the page and submit your bid in the Comment Box. Opening bid is set at $50.00 and increments of $10.00 only please.
Congratulations to Malcolm Bishop with the winning bid of $170.00 for “Through the Garden Gate” Week #1 Live Facebook Auction Fundraiser July 12, 2020.
Congratulations to Carol Devenny with a winning bid of $250.00 for “Your Place” by Kevin Mason Week #2 Art On The Street Live Facebook Auction Fundraiser. July 19,2020
Congratulations to Eric Stinson with a winning bid of $350.00 for “Garden Magic” by Dena Zarwich Week #3 Art On The Street Live Facebook Auction Fundraiser. July 26, 2020.
Congratulations to Robin Jones with a winning bid of $250.00 for “Wish” by Carrie King. Week #4 Art On The Street Live Facebook Auction Fundraiser August 2, 2020.
Congratulations to Neil Kudrinko with a winning bid of $500 for “NeverEnding” by Tamara Carlson Week #5 Art On The Street Live Facebook Auction Fundraiser August 10, 2020.
Congratulations to Louise Johnson with a winning bid of $280.00 for “Thriving Beauty” by Francie Healy Week #6 Art On The Street LIVE Facebook Auction August 16th, 2020.
Thank you to everyone who came to the garden and participated in our LIVE Facebook Auction! Art On The Street is now closed for the season and will return next year. In the meantime keep following us on Facebook and here on our website to see what’s going on and help us support the arts in our schools and village community.
Auction Terms and Conditions
1.Bidding opens from 10am on the Friday until 8pm on the following Sunday. The official time will be based on the personal computer in the home of the administrator. Auction starts July 6, 2020 for six consecutive weekends ending August 16, 2020.
2. By bidding online in the Comment box under the photo in the Art on The Street Photo Album on the Westport Arts Council (WAC) Facebook Page, each bidder agrees with these auction rules.
3. WAC reserves the right to add or withdraw the weekly chair without notice or from the online site.
4. Auction item purchases are final. If payment is not received in 48 hours the unclaimed items will be offered to the next highest last bidder.
5. When making a bid you need to check for the opening bid ($50.00), should you be the first bid, or any required increments ($10.00) to place your own bid. To submit your bid, place the amount in the Comment box. Any bids not adhering to these rules will be declared invalid and voided.
6. Once bidding is closed the highest last bid entered on the Comment box shall be the winning bid.
7. The winner will be immediately contacted by Facebook Personal Messenger and given 48 hours to respond and to arrange payment. Once payment has been processed arrangements for pick up will be made. Unclaimed items will be offered to the next highest last bidder. Receipts will be given upon request.
8. WAC is not liable for any personal injury or damage to property that may result from use of the chair sold.
9. In the event of a dispute in any of these auction terms and conditions the WAC Chair, Robin Jones, will act as a final authority.