WAC announces that MUSICwestport 2021 will be cancelled due to the ongoing pandemic. WAC hopes to continue the spirit of MUSICwestport in the future and encourages everyone to have a musical summer!
Celebrating the theme “Keep A Song in Your Heart,” WAC welcomes back Art on the Street for the fifth year. Six artists have been selected to interpret the theme to transform blank Muskoka chairs into one-of-a-kind pieces of art. And they can be yours!
Finished chairs and the artists will be revealed on the WAC Facebook page. Starting July 5th, one chair per week will be auctioned off live on Facebook. Follow the WAC Facebook page for updates and bidding instructions.
Art on the Street is proud to be back and online! For 2020, we invited six artists to “Dream Big in a Westport Garden.”
Each uniquely painted chair will be up for auction on our Facebook page throughout the summer. From 6 July to 16 August, one chair will be revealed per week and bidding will be open Friday to Sunday. To bid, simply Click on the LIVE AUCTION photo post that will be pinned to the top of the page and submit your bid in the Comment Box. Opening bid is set at $50.00 and increments of $10.00 only please.
Congratulations to Malcolm Bishop with the winning bid of $170.00 for “Through the Garden Gate” Week #1 Live Facebook Auction Fundraiser July 12, 2020.
Congratulations to Carol Devenny with a winning bid of $250.00 for “Your Place” by Kevin Mason Week #2 Art On The Street Live Facebook Auction Fundraiser. July 19,2020
Congratulations to Eric Stinson with a winning bid of $350.00 for “Garden Magic” by Dena Zarwich Week #3 Art On The Street Live Facebook Auction Fundraiser. July 26, 2020.
Congratulations to Robin Jones with a winning bid of $250.00 for “Wish” by Carrie King. Week #4 Art On The Street Live Facebook Auction Fundraiser August 2, 2020.
Congratulations to Neil Kudrinko with a winning bid of $500 for “NeverEnding” by Tamara Carlson Week #5 Art On The Street Live Facebook Auction Fundraiser August 10, 2020.
Congratulations to Louise Johnson with a winning bid of $280.00 for “Thriving Beauty” by Francie Healy Week #6 Art On The Street LIVE Facebook Auction August 16th, 2020.
Thank you to everyone who came to the garden and participated in our LIVE Facebook Auction! Art On The Street is now closed for the season and will return next year. In the meantime keep following us on Facebook and here on our website to see what’s going on and help us support the arts in our schools and village community.
Auction Terms and Conditions
1.Bidding opens from 10am on the Friday until 8pm on the following Sunday. The official time will be based on the personal computer in the home of the administrator. Auction starts July 6, 2020 for six consecutive weekends ending August 16, 2020.
2. By bidding online in the Comment box under the photo in the Art on The Street Photo Album on the Westport Arts Council (WAC) Facebook Page, each bidder agrees with these auction rules.
3. WAC reserves the right to add or withdraw the weekly chair without notice or from the online site.
4. Auction item purchases are final. If payment is not received in 48 hours the unclaimed items will be offered to the next highest last bidder.
5. When making a bid you need to check for the opening bid ($50.00), should you be the first bid, or any required increments ($10.00) to place your own bid. To submit your bid, place the amount in the Comment box. Any bids not adhering to these rules will be declared invalid and voided.
6. Once bidding is closed the highest last bid entered on the Comment box shall be the winning bid.
7. The winner will be immediately contacted by Facebook Personal Messenger and given 48 hours to respond and to arrange payment. Once payment has been processed arrangements for pick up will be made. Unclaimed items will be offered to the next highest last bidder. Receipts will be given upon request.
8. WAC is not liable for any personal injury or damage to property that may result from use of the chair sold.
9. In the event of a dispute in any of these auction terms and conditions the WAC Chair, Robin Jones, will act as a final authority.
The WAC 2020 Photography Contest is now CLOSED
Thank you for your entries. Winners will be notified by March 30, 2021
Capture the beauty and excitement of Westport from 1 April until 31 December 2020.
The annual WAC Photo Contest opens 1July 2020 for all amateur photographers. We are looking for photographs that celebrate the beauty of Westport and the immediate surrounding area of North Crosby. There is lots going on in the Village and area this year including those untamed moments in nature, stunning summer sunsets, winter sports and everything else in between, just as long as it happens in the Westport area.
1 July 2020 until 31 December 2020. Open to all amateur photographers residing or visiting the Westport area. Limited to 5 entries per person. Entries can be submitted to email@example.com, subject line “photo contest 2020 entry”.
Saturday, 4 May 2019
Join us for the Gathering of Choirs for an afternoon of beautiful singing. WAC’s own Some Kind of Choir will be joined by other local choirs in a musical gathering like no other. Free will donations are appreciated.