The Call for Artists is now closed.
Thanks to everyone who contacted us. We will shout out next year once again!
WAC is proud to bring back Art on the Street for a third summer. Six chosen artists are given a blank Muskoka chair as their canvas to design and paint any way they choose. The theme for 2019 is “The Beauty of Westport”.
Finished chairs are displayed at businesses throughout the village during the summer and eventually raffled off in August at MUSICwestport. Raffle tickets can be bought throughout the summer and proceeds go towards local art events.
- Artists will be chosen on a “first come- first served” basis.
- On May 1, selected artists will pick up an unassembled Muskoka chair kit and urethane sealant at Herlehy Home Building Centre
- Artists will paint their design on the chair, assemble and seal it. Artists can google: “one of a kind hand painted Muskoka chairs” for ideas
- Each artist will provide a laminated biography and contact information submitted with their chair for display
- Chairs will be “unveiled” and the artists introduced at the Westport Heritage Festival on 2 June 2018.
- Chairs will then be “adopted” by six different businesses from 2 June to August 18
- Tickets will be sold for $5.00 each on the chairs and the draws will be made at MUSICWestport. Proceeds will go to the Westport Arts Council.
The Westport Arts Council hopes you will be excited about the prospects of having your art on display in the village throughout the summer months.
To participate in the project as an ARTIST or HOST BUSINESS, please contact Mary Anne Bishop:
613 273 8699
The Spring Street Festival returns 15 August 2015! Part of MUSICwestport, the Spring Street Festival has an eclectic mix of artists, crafts and family friendly activities that include rock star dress up, face painting and the popular guitar bean bag toss! Hosted on a closed residential street right in front of the Westport Village Pharmacy Stage during festival hours.
MUSICwestport Festival invites vendors and artists to join the ever-expanding Spring Street Festival. The all day street festival during the MUSICwestport open air music festival is hosted outdoors on a closed residential street, right in front of one of the MUSICwestport stages.
Day stall: $50. Free for WAC members.