From funk to pop, soul to rock, we’ve got a line up that’s local and fresh. WAC proudly presents the 12th annual MUSICwestport FREE open air music festival with two outdoor stages in the heart of Westport, an artist-focused market, food, and a bigger Kidzone all for the love of music.
Friday, 17 August: Kick-Off Party
Start the weekend with our popular Friday night Kick-Off Party featuring Jaron Freeman-Fox on August 17. Cover $20. This event always sells out fast so booking is essential! Call The Cove: 613 273 3636.
Saturday, 18 August 2018 Schedule
Getting to Westport & Parking
Westport is a beautiful small town so just navigate towards us and you can’t miss the festival. Find Westport on Google Maps here.
There will be designated parking areas. The stages are close together so park and enjoy the rest of the festival on foot.
Fresh, local, and lovingly curated. Explore our line up and get a taste of MUSICwestport 2018.
Folk pop. Hamilton.
The Steadies (feat. Earl Pereira of Wide Mouth Mason)
Reggae, pop, funk. Saskatoon.
NOLA funk. Ottawa.
Folk rock. Kingston.
Joe Skuce Band
Folk rock. Westport/Lombardy.
Soul funk. Toronto.
Old time, dixieland.
Wandering minstrels. Westport and area.
Art on the Street returns to Westport for a second year. Six artists will each use a blank Muskoka chair as a canvas, painting or designing it any way they choose. Finished chairs will be on display at businesses throughout the village for an eight week period during the summer. Each chair will be raffled off individually with tickets available for $5 where each chair is displayed.
Reveal Launch: Heritage Day Festival, 2 June 2018 at the library (Spring Street)
Ticket Draw: MUSICwestport, 18 August 2018
- Artists will be chosen on a “first come- first served” basis.
- On May 1, selected artists will pick up an unassembled Muskoka chair kit and urethane sealant at Herlehy Home Building Centre
- Artists will paint their design on the chair, assemble and seal it. Artists can google: “one of a kind hand painted Muskoka chairs” for ideas
- Each artist will provide a laminated biography and contact information submitted with their chair for display
- Chairs will be “unveiled” and the artists introduced at the Westport Heritage Festival on 2 June 2018.
- Chairs will then be “adopted” by six different businesses from 2 June to August 18
- Tickets will be sold for $5.00 each on the chairs and the draws will be made at MUSICWestport. Proceeds will go to the Westport Arts Council.
The Westport Arts Council hopes you will be excited about the prospects of having your art on display in the village throughout the summer months.
To participate in the project please contact: Mary Anne Bishop 273 8699
Host Business Information
Want to host a chair? Local Westport businesses can contact Mary Anne Bishop at 273 8699 for more information.
Win a weekend escape with WAC and Wolfe Springs Golf & Waterfront Resort! The prize includes 3 nights at the resort, a golf pass and cart for 4, brunch, a winery welcome basket, and local Westport gift certificates and goodies!
With only 200 tickets, get yours for only $50 before they are gone!
Draw 18 August 2018 at MUSICwestport.