Art on the Street is proud to be back and online! For 2020, we invited six artists to “Dream Big in a Westport Garden.”
Each uniquely painted chair will be up for auction on our Facebook page throughout the summer. From 6 July to 16 August, one chair will be revealed per week and bidding will be open Friday to Sunday. To bid, simply Click on the LIVE AUCTION photo post that will be pinned to the top of the page and submit your bid in the Comment Box. Opening bid is set at $50.00 and increments of $10.00 only please.
Congratulations to Malcolm Bishop with the winning bid of $170.00 for “Through the Garden Gate” Week #1 Live Facebook Auction Fundraiser July 12, 2020.
Congratulations to Carol Devenny with a winning bid of $250.00 for “Your Place” by Kevin Mason Week #2 Art On The Street Live Facebook Auction Fundraiser. July 19,2020
Congratulations to Eric Stinson with a winning bid of $350.00 for “Garden Magic” by Dena Zarwich Week #3 Art On The Street Live Facebook Auction Fundraiser. July 26, 2020.
Congratulations to Robin Jones with a winning bid of $250.00 for “Wish” by Carrie King. Week #4 Art On The Street Live Facebook Auction Fundraiser August 2, 2020.
Auction Terms and Conditions
1.Bidding opens from 10am on the Friday until 8pm on the following Sunday. The official time will be based on the personal computer in the home of the administrator. Auction starts July 6, 2020 for six consecutive weekends ending August 16, 2020.
2. By bidding online in the Comment box under the photo in the Art on The Street Photo Album on the Westport Arts Council (WAC) Facebook Page, each bidder agrees with these auction rules.
3. WAC reserves the right to add or withdraw the weekly chair without notice or from the online site.
4. Auction item purchases are final. If payment is not received in 48 hours the unclaimed items will be offered to the next highest last bidder.
5. When making a bid you need to check for the opening bid ($50.00), should you be the first bid, or any required increments ($10.00) to place your own bid. To submit your bid, place the amount in the Comment box. Any bids not adhering to these rules will be declared invalid and voided.
6. Once bidding is closed the highest last bid entered on the Comment box shall be the winning bid.
7. The winner will be immediately contacted by Facebook Personal Messenger and given 48 hours to respond and to arrange payment. Once payment has been processed arrangements for pick up will be made. Unclaimed items will be offered to the next highest last bidder. Receipts will be given upon request.
8. WAC is not liable for any personal injury or damage to property that may result from use of the chair sold.
9. In the event of a dispute in any of these auction terms and conditions the WAC Chair, Robin Jones, will act as a final authority.