What you’ve all been waiting for! Join us for the
13th Annual FREE WAC MUSICwestport Open Air Music Festival.
Saturday, 17 August 2019
2 Venues, 8 Bands
Food, kidzone, Vendors Market, Horse Wagon Rides, Street Minstrels
Enjoy our new location! Beautiful Lockwood Park next to the arena.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD SCHEDULE
Friday, 16 August 2019
Kick Off Party with THE STEADIES (feat. Earl Pereira of Wide Mouth Mason)
Reggae/Pop/Funk from Saskatoon.
7:00-8:00pm Dinner & Music at The Cove
Booking essential. $60 + HST Buffet & Show (priority seating).
Saturday, 17 August 2019 — FREE admission!
Lockwood Park Stage
Sponsored by Westport Village IDA Pharmacy.
George St. between Spring and Concession.
12:00-1:00pm Bob Burtch Bluegrass Band
Traditional Bluegrass from Seeley’s Bay/Cornwall/Kingston.
1:30-2:40pm Nick MacLean Quartet
Modern Jazz from Toronto.
3:00-4:10pm A Fellow Ship
Folk/Pop/Jazz/Funk/Soul from Toronto.
4:30-6:00pm Scotty James
The Cove Stage
Sponsored by The Cove Country Inn. 2 Bedford St.
12:30-1:40pm Emily Bashall
New Country from Kingston.
2:00-3:10pm Slack Bridges
Neo Soul/Funk/R&B with Horns from Ottawa.
3:30-4:30pm The High Dials
Psychedelic Folk Rock Pop from Montreal.
5:00-6:30pm Miss Emily
Soul/R&B/Rock from Kingston.
1:00-5:00pm Wandering Minstrels: The Goat Steppers Parade Band
Throughout Downtown Westport. Oldtime/Dixieland from Kingston.
The Call for Artists is now closed.
Thanks to everyone who contacted us. We will shout out next year once again!
WAC is proud to bring back Art on the Street for a third summer. Six chosen artists are given a blank Muskoka chair as their canvas to design and paint any way they choose. The theme for 2019 is “The Beauty of Westport”.
Finished chairs are displayed at businesses throughout the village during the summer and eventually raffled off in August at MUSICwestport. Raffle tickets can be bought throughout the summer and proceeds go towards local art events.
- Artists will be chosen on a “first come- first served” basis.
- On May 1, selected artists will pick up an unassembled Muskoka chair kit and urethane sealant at Herlehy Home Building Centre
- Artists will paint their design on the chair, assemble and seal it. Artists can google: “one of a kind hand painted Muskoka chairs” for ideas
- Each artist will provide a laminated biography and contact information submitted with their chair for display
- Chairs will be “unveiled” and the artists introduced at the Westport Heritage Festival on 2 June 2018.
- Chairs will then be “adopted” by six different businesses from 2 June to August 18
- Tickets will be sold for $5.00 each on the chairs and the draws will be made at MUSICWestport. Proceeds will go to the Westport Arts Council.
The Westport Arts Council hopes you will be excited about the prospects of having your art on display in the village throughout the summer months.
To participate in the project as an ARTIST or HOST BUSINESS, please contact Mary Anne Bishop:
613 273 8699
From funk to pop, soul to rock, we’ve got a line up that’s local and fresh. WAC proudly presents the 12th annual MUSICwestport FREE open air music festival with two outdoor stages in the heart of Westport, an artist-focused market, food, and a bigger Kidzone all for the love of music.
Friday, 17 August: Kick-Off Party
Start the weekend with our popular Friday night Kick-Off Party featuring Jaron Freeman-Fox on August 17. Cover $20. This event always sells out fast so booking is essential! Call The Cove: 613 273 3636.
Saturday, 18 August 2018 Schedule
Getting to Westport & Parking
Westport is a beautiful small town so just navigate towards us and you can’t miss the festival. Find Westport on Google Maps here.
There will be designated parking areas. The stages are close together so park and enjoy the rest of the festival on foot.