The power of many voices is nothing short of incredible! The Gathering of Choirs, the first WAC has hosted such an event, was a great success. The energetic joy was palpable and the unique experience of the mass choir is a memory none will forget. Big thanks to the choirs who participated and made the event so special.
Just as popular as the festival day itself, the MUSICwestport Kick Off Party presents The Steadies.
This event always sells out fast! Early booking is essential.
$60 + HST Dinner + Music
Call The Cove for reservations 1.888.COVE.INN.
The Call for Artists is now closed.
Thanks to everyone who contacted us. We will shout out next year once again!
WAC is proud to bring back Art on the Street for a third summer. Six chosen artists are given a blank Muskoka chair as their canvas to design and paint any way they choose. The theme for 2019 is “The Beauty of Westport”.
Finished chairs are displayed at businesses throughout the village during the summer and eventually raffled off in August at MUSICwestport. Raffle tickets can be bought throughout the summer and proceeds go towards local art events.
- Artists will be chosen on a “first come- first served” basis.
- On May 1, selected artists will pick up an unassembled Muskoka chair kit and urethane sealant at Herlehy Home Building Centre
- Artists will paint their design on the chair, assemble and seal it. Artists can google: “one of a kind hand painted Muskoka chairs” for ideas
- Each artist will provide a laminated biography and contact information submitted with their chair for display
- Chairs will be “unveiled” and the artists introduced at the Westport Heritage Festival on 2 June 2018.
- Chairs will then be “adopted” by six different businesses from 2 June to August 18
- Tickets will be sold for $5.00 each on the chairs and the draws will be made at MUSICWestport. Proceeds will go to the Westport Arts Council.
The Westport Arts Council hopes you will be excited about the prospects of having your art on display in the village throughout the summer months.
To participate in the project as an ARTIST or HOST BUSINESS, please contact Mary Anne Bishop:
613 273 8699
13 April 2019 • 7pm • Elgin United Church
Special Guests: Soul Purpose Quartet & The Westport Connection
27 April 2019 • 7pm • Knox Presbyterian Church Westport
Special Guests: RDHS Jazz Band
Entrance by donation. All proceeds to RDHS Instrument Repair Fund.
WAC is proud to announce the winners of the 2018 Photo Contest. The captured beauty of Westport never fails to inspire our photographers! Congratulations to our winners and a big thank you to all who entered.
The 2019 Photo Contest is officially open! Click here for more info.
Brent Van Hooft